Avro Anson – Role Multirole aircraft, primarily a trainer
Manufacturer Avro First flight 24 March 1935 Introduction 1936 Retired 28 June 1968
Primary users Royal Air Force Fleet Air Arm Produced 1930s–1952 Number built 11,020
The Avro Anson hangar at Tamworth airport will be opened both Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th October by the Lions Club of Tamworth for a gold coin donation from 9am to 12 Noon and from 2pm to 4pm each day.
Come and see the Avro Anson up live and close by walking inside the glass hangar at these times each day.
This Avro Anson was originally used by East West Airlines for flights in and out of Tamworth and on display also is an original uniform worn for the flights.